priests & paramedics

“Ivan Illich was once asked what is the most revolutionary way to change society. Is it violent revolution or is it gradual reform? He gave a careful answer. ‘Neither. If you want to change society, then you must tell an alternative story.” • Tim Costello

11 February 2007

Greatest Bad Album Covers

This post is not entirely original, but it was inspired by a song selection at the tail end of a burned CD that was given to me by a good friend. This heretofore unmentioned person was setting out to enlighten me on the band Midlake (they're really good... check 'em out), but he unknowingly - or knowingly - focussed my attention to some bad 1970's soft-pop.

So without further ado. I present to you the greatest bad album covers of all time:

10. Stryken, First Stryke - first of all, it's bad enough when Christians imitate "secular" bands.

But it's altogether different when a "Christian" band imitates a bad Christian imitation of a "secular" band.

Bravo, Stryken. You did the unthinkable.



9. Ken, By Request Only - This begs the question: "who requested this?"











8. Orion, Reborn - He is wearing a mask... and a light blue satin shirt... and matching light blue Sansabelt slacks... and a really bad toupee.

Oh, and he's wearing a mask.







7. Colonel Sanders, Tijuana Picnic - When did Harlan Sanders start making records? And why would I want to eat Kentucky Fried Chicken at a picnic in Tijuana?









6. Devastatin' Dave, Zip, Zap, Rap - Call me politically correct, but is it appropriate to call one's self a "Turntable Slave."

Discuss.








5. Jo Calypso, He He Nick - There are some things in this world that are just plain creepy.

This is one of those things.









4. Wayne Carr, Jesus Loves Me - But Jesus hates your outfit, Wayne.











3. David Hasselhoff, Night Rocker It's a little play on words. "Night Rocker"... like "Knight Rider."

You know, like the TV show I'm in. I'm not above shilling my show in order to get you to buy my crappy record.

Please buy my crappy record.



2. Joyce, Self-Titled - Madonna. Cher. Pelé. Oprah.

Joyce.










1. Orleans, Waking and Dreaming - well ladies and gentlemen... this is it. This was the inspiration.

This is the album featuring the classic soft-pop ballad "Dance With Me." Put a shirt on, and we'll talk.

5 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger John H said...

My favorite by far is Tiajuana Picnic...I think next Sunday's bulletin at CCFL should have the male staff (you, Phil, etc) posed like on the cover of Orleans album...

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Come on, you know Joyce was COOL!!!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Patrick and Megan said...

I'm just curious as to how you are familiar with all of these bad album covers in the first place....

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Marquito said...

OHHHHH! It hurts from laughing!!

I NEVER heard of Stryken. You have enlightened, and shocked me at the same time.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Marquito said...

wait! Wait! AHAHAHAHA!

Jo Calypso. Holy cow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home