priests & paramedics

“Ivan Illich was once asked what is the most revolutionary way to change society. Is it violent revolution or is it gradual reform? He gave a careful answer. ‘Neither. If you want to change society, then you must tell an alternative story.” • Tim Costello

22 December 2006

Damien Rice - "Cold Water"


This is simply ridiculous. "Cold Water" is a song from Damien Rice's amazing four-year-old debut, O, but it was never one of my favorites (those would have been "Cannonball," "Volcano," and the nihilistic hidden-track "Silent Night").

He has a new album out entitled 9, but a friend of mine sent me a link to this performance. You need to listen to the whole thing. If you're familiar with this song, you might be tempted to move on... but do that at your own risk: the song moves from empty ethereal longing to a cacaphonous and chaotic, yet hypnotizing siren's call that gives me goose bumps as I type.

Don't say you weren't warned.

2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Patrick and Megan said...

Why is it that you and Phil keep blogging on the same things? Come on, I need some variety. I'm living vicariously through my friends right now :)

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Rick Hunter said...

Look, I haven't posted anything in three months. I finally put something up – three posts in a week, no less – and you bust my chops due to the coincidence that Phil happens to mention the same thing as me?

Relax.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home